Whether the connection DreamStalker PRO to the computer?

Instrumentsthat will help you to get into a lucid dream

Нужно ли подключение DreamStalker PRO к компьютеру?

ДА
87%
НЕТ
13%

Total votes: 31

Александр (разработчик)
Whether the connection DreamStalker PRO to the computer?

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:26

Have an idea to make the connectivity of the device DreamStalker PRO to the computer. This will require a separately purchased data cable (like mobile phones). What gives?

First, the possibility of updating the instrument software, which will from time to time be updated to correct bugs are found, improvements to existing functions and adding new functions.

Secondly, there is the possibility to manage settings of the device from the computer through a special program, with fully painted with menu items and help for each paragraph. That is now on the menu, for example, there is a point AL-1, and it is easy, in General, remember that it is "alarm after a dream" (from ALARM), but menu items a lot, and remembering them all is difficult. And it happens that sometimes users are confused about the settings. Such control would easier to learn and remember the settings and adjust them then you can from the device menu, when You will already know what they mean. I would say that this approach is able to save from reading most of user on this device.
Last edited by Александр (разработчик) on Tue May 18, 2010 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Шалтай Балтай
Разработчик

Post by Шалтай Балтай » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:30

but I'm in Linux,
Windows - Sachs

морф

Post by морф » Wed Oct 07, 2009 14:37

Great idea, another would be vibro to it somehow connects to it... Or even a connector for external device control...

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 18:01

морф wrote:Great idea, why vibro him somehow to connect you...
The vibrator has long been there. View description DreamStalker PRO, because it is addressed in this thread. But in the normal version of the vibrator will not, and will not connect to the computer, on it and the regular version to be simple if possible :? .

Джим

Post by Джим » Wed Oct 07, 2009 23:01

Connection need, but with a slight amendment - open Protocol that allows you to capture on the computer the beginning and end of the REM phase. If you do, it seems to be [almost] worthless, and interested friends, including, apparently, including me, could poyuzat.
In any case, the value of the instrument would be increased many times. (can certainly glue on the charge connector, the buffer chip (capacitor for the charge pump just will not stick :( ) separately to modify COM-port CTS, void your warranty, etc. -- but best solution.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 23:37

Джим wrote:the Connection is necessary, but with small correction -- with an open Protocol that allows you to record on the computer the beginning and end of the REM phase.
In principle it is possible, of course. Do You want to sleep with connected to the computer with a wire coming from the mask? Maybe then it is better to detailed statistics in a text file on the microSD card that is already in the device? Or would You like a way to transfer control to the program in the computer?

Actually, the idea was to use a USB and not a COM port missing, unfortunately, on modern computers.

Джим

Post by Джим » Thu Oct 08, 2009 0:44

Ehehe... a lot of USB, among them are well known emulators of COM ports and HID devices (such as mind-reflection). Experience (and common sense) shows that if you are not a mass manufacturer mass device, to meddle in the just USB interface -- either death, or it is necessary to carry a man writing and rewriting the wood (development cost!!!). No matter what the manufacturer promised interesnoi chips, and some wood from a source he didn't put -- in your situation -- is death! -- writing, taught by bitter experience.
RS-232/422/485 lived, lives and will live (this is as true as the fact that the glands with those interfaces continue to not only produce, but also to be developed -- worldwide) -- the only question is cost to the end user. Of course, the consumer Pro must be prepared either to pay for the same MOXA'do, or to suffer with USB2COM is fine.
In General, by the way, is not devoid of reason thesis -- if the current Linux And Free BSD akumaa your USB piece of metal once you understand -- well, you can take a chance. But anyway, with "just" USB cases it is better not to have -- with these hands (in the sense of the unit cost of developing/supporting) (and you are ready to sign the wood for the 64-bit versions of Windows? And for 32-bit? Firewood without a signature in Vista32+ will deprive the user of the so-called premium content and without warning... And you are familiar with the procedure for obtaining the signature? etc., etc.)
(the author may not coincide with his point of view :( )
Ie-EITHER COM OR ETHERNET TCP(UDP)/IP -- the third interface for small and medium-draw devices, unfortunately, not given. Believe me... Not hochets to write "check" :(

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03

Jim
Your message I realized You just want a SOM, with which You will be easier to make friends with your program. And terribly afraid of what will be done modern USB, with which You are not yet friends :-) . I will try to accommodate. If at all, before all of this ever comes to that.

Джим

Post by Джим » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16

Александр (разработчик) wrote:Your message I realized You just want a SOM, with which You will be easier to make friends with your program. And terribly afraid of what will be done modern USB, with which You are not yet friends . I will try to accommodate. If at all, before all of this ever comes to that.
I a little about other wrote-I am willing to be friends with anything (provided that it doesn't put the system to blue screen and will be maintained for new versions of both Windows and its updates), but even under the assumption that I (he/she) will use only the provided software -- garantirovanno to provide under existing and future versions, though only Windows - not too real. Especially because you're only talking about the steering interface (if, for example, to do imaging, for which the main thing-to provide the input of the synchronous flow rate of 400-1000 Mbps-for the firewood and you can wrestle).
------------
I am very sorry that You did not want to read in a previously stated idea. As for the "when it comes" - I'm not in a hurry. Bole so that a position of removal of the sleep phases directly with Dream Stalker (without pro). But you can-better...
------------
By the way, on Windows/Linux. About 2-3 years ago, there was a collapse -- people usausa Windows began to move to licensed versions (I mean house). Now, everything seems to have enough for another 2-3 years -- and, in my opinion, there will be another collapse-the transition to Linux & Ko. Mass. Ie a prophet out of me, but, by all appearances, I'm probably right. And here again ill have nonstandard devices, I Think. Well, that's the thesis of the 3rd order.
-------------
I forgot -- Dream Stalker for home Lab of Dreams-even without the "Pro" and without connecting to a computer -- the device is quite perfect. Although, of course, want some of the ideal means, of course, the openness of the API plays an important role (ideally the same).<

ка2009

Post by ка2009 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 22:51

Support the idea with a data cable and offer morphs additional connector for external device control, maybe this will be the vibrator arm. Experience will show where it (the vibrator) best location.

Гость147

Post by Гость147 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:44

Support the idea with a data cable.
DreamStalker - a rather fragile device.
Daily pulling fees from the mask to write files on the SD card resembles the work of the engineer.
The less we touch their hands, the better.

КПД

Post by КПД » Sun Dec 20, 2009 21:46

Also for the data cable.
Гость147 wrote:Daily pulling fees from the mask to write files on the SD card resembles the work of the engineer.
:) That's for sure. Alexander (developer), maybe they should put a fee in any case. Of course it'll be a little more cumbersome, but it is very disturbing to me when it is my own rations for the case to grip and to pull the Board in the pitch darkness, and then pasting it (sometimes have to do) ... do as a sapper.

Нетрезвый Сурдопереводчик

Post by Нетрезвый Сурдопереводчик » Sun Dec 20, 2009 23:17

Шалтай Балтай wrote:but I'm in Linux,
Windows - Sachs
az

к-13

Post by к-13 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 23:29

Join linhovoin and fans com ports :oops:

КПД

Post by КПД » Mon Dec 21, 2009 21:53

Linux is a good thing. But honestly and no offense, in addition to a dozen computer fans, the vast majority of ordinary people are quite satisfied with Windows.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 22:21

КПД wrote:Linux is a good thing. But honestly and no offense, in addition to a dozen computer fans, the vast majority of ordinary people are quite satisfied with Windows.
Totally agree. Try to connect to the computer on which you installed Linux, some professional equipment. For example, the emulator of microcontrollers, in-circuit debugger, programmer, digital oscilloscope... and it will be clear that Linux is good only to crawl on the Internet and writing essays in Notepad.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 19, 2010 14:32

I am professionally engaged in the development of devices on microcontrollers... and my operating system is Ubuntu...and problems with a bunch of external professional devices this system is not...not only at my mom's home computer is Ubuntu, all that is necessary to do on the home machine it does and no hemorrhoids viruses, autorename, crack, codecs and stuff...for the home user who does not have ambitions to have in the system like monster Karelians with photoshop and work in them professionally, so that it is, the system is quite suitable native...this is IMHO

Шалтай Балтай
Разработчик

Post by Шалтай Балтай » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:03

by the way I changed my mind
you just have to pay .INI or .CML konfiguracionnye files on the flash drive
if not laziness - write the client under Windows
under Linux - just correct .CML
also with presets - there should be a script

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 19:25

Alexander, when do you plan to release to the world data cable? I would pribel even today.

Шалтай Балтай
Разработчик

Post by Шалтай Балтай » Wed Jan 27, 2010 19:50

Александр (разработчик) wrote:Linux is good only to crawl on the Internet and writing essays in Notepad.
Are You so vain :-)
try to take at least VPS
Windows
and linuxovy
and everything will fall into place :-)
even so, with the periphery at linyov tight :-)

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 0:02

Гость wrote:Alexander, when do you plan to release to the world data cable? I would pribel even today.
The subject looked at the moment more than two thousand people voted for the connecting - 11, against - 1. The conclusion is this: usually the connection is not necessary, and so everything is fine :-). I see no reason to make an expensive development due to the potential relevance of all 11-year-date-cables for a period of more than 3 months :? .

Аркаша

Post by Аркаша » Sat Jan 30, 2010 22:08

>I see no reason to make an expensive development due to the potential relevance of all 11-year-date-cables for a period of more than 3 months

At You in vain think so.., people will be more, I will gladly buy it :)
And Yes, I did not vote, because I леньXDD
and so of course!

исследователь

Post by исследователь » Thu Mar 18, 2010 17:26

why not do bluetooth module and solve the problem with the connection, wires, etc. after all, to get the device to mount is not practical. I would like to ask you - how increases the cost of the phone with such design. (assuming that bluetooth is already in the computer and no need to buy a USB bluetooth receiver).

another proposal - I personally think that the device is very expensive and therefore not conducive to popularization. and no need to foam at the mouth to prove who wants - he will find the money(just in case - maybe no one can prove anything is not going). In my opinion you can do much cheaper by releasing just the glasses like device (similar to the headset), bluetooth, and all software items to place in the program (in Java, for example), which must be downloaded and installed on a computer, PDA or anything..
moreover, if you write the same program-emulator of the mind-machine (and already have) that actually you can forget about any wires. and, Yes, put the code to open the program.
flash can also on cinetube. to do the reset to after all the machinations you can return to the default settings - and device for the ages!

what are the costs :
vibrator leave. Of course. Yes. No vibrator anywhere. The most important element.
chip minus some unnecessary parts - dial, control buttons, connector for a memory card, possibly a speaker (you can easily make sound from the PDA on which is installed the program speaker is there?), put the battery instead of batteries, which you can then buy for example a flat battery GP-14MB (less to find like)
didici to make multi-colored in colour of the track - worth a penny
-headphone Jack to left (optional, also many cell phones have a 3.5 minijack, but just if you take the specification of this technology 2.1 Mbit/s, and for sound there is a place for transmission of information of brightness, color, and utility signals infrared motion sensor eyes for all over the place)
-about cinetube link http://www.blueset.ru/rus/test/bluetooth/1.htm#18 license symbolic, low-cost production.
-no, for the gifted it is certainly possible and the COM port to make good the place will stay.
next,
only the program in Java (or under something else. but open source) - in fact, the emulsion Stalker and mindmachine.
Uso!
he is not a programmer, but want to learn, that will be the incentive.
with forum people if anyone says that's cool too, I think enthusiasts find no problem.
most importantly - cheap and quality work. understand - if the device will cost at least 2000P - it will simply blow up the market for such devices because there is no comparison.
in design particularly not to invest just to make the mask more comfortable and better. (So, incidentally, very interested to know where you go the cost that goes such a great price, given that it is not Quad-core).

and I sincerely believe that you are interested in this idea, because it is profitable for us (the users) and you (developers and manufacturers) - more people will be able to buy the device.<

Post by Guest » Sat May 15, 2010 11:20

I, too, for the opportunity to connect DreamStalker PRO to comuter and also I didn't vote, because not registered on the forum.

DreamStalker PRO I bought recently and a question:
the possibility of connection with the help of data cable will be only new versions of the device, and "old" as me V1.05 - remain behind?

In any case, I'm all for the empowerment of the device and for simplification of work with him.

Agree with the above comment
that would have cost DreamStalker PRO first invest in some kind of box, and then in a box and shove in the mask to contact and sharp edges of the Board are not clung to the fabric.

Павлум

Post by Павлум » Mon May 17, 2010 13:58

I would have bought the device to communicate with the computer to 1.5 cost from a pro.

1. It is possible to collect statistics on the REM phases - super! Home sleep lab... to draw conclusions and to come quickly to the desired setting.
2. The ability of a computer to change settings (at the same time people will no longer touch the contacts on the Board :)).
3. Update. It would encourage (if the code is, of course, leave open) enthusiasts to come up with new versions of the program (as in m/m).

The idea of Bluetooth is also good, but in this case, you would have to use a PDA or smartphone is likely, as it included near the computer - not very convenient. But the mask could be done quite easy.