About DreamStalker Pro

Instrumentsthat will help you to get into a lucid dream
Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:05

Михаил_ wrote:Question by Alexander. About new firmware versions.
Would like to have additional functionality to enable the recorder automatically during the REM.

The reason is very simple - many during my sleep and at times quite clearly, moreover, this process can be stimulated by asking the scripted installation, for example "to look at something and describe it out loud in the hearing", it can be highly useful. Of course the moment easy to get around with the recorder on all night next to the bed, but having a built-in device seems to be convenient would be....
Sometimes not even coherent words that are hard to sort out work a powerful key to remembering a dream.
Dictation will not work at runtime by the device to its core functions, as a write will require all resources of the microcontroller, and at the specified time, the device is constantly engaged in the cycle of monitoring eye movement and issuing prompts. After all, no separate recorder, in its pure form, the device is not, and its functions are performed by the same microcontroller, which makes literally everything else in this device.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:16

Михаил_ wrote:Question by Alexander. About new firmware versions.
Would like to have additional functionality to enable the recorder automatically during the REM.

The reason is very simple - many during my sleep and at times quite clearly, moreover, this process can be stimulated by asking the scripted installation, for example "to look at something and describe it out loud in the hearing", it can be highly useful. Of course the moment easy to get around with the recorder on all night next to the bed, but having a built-in device seems to be convenient would be....
Sometimes not even coherent words that are hard to sort out work a powerful key to remembering a dream.
It is possible to do that kind of thing. The add menu item which will allow automatic enabling of the recording for a limited time, for example, 1 minute after the playback script file.

Михаил_
Разработчик

Post by Михаил_ » Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:47

Here! I think this is just what you need :)

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2009 17:33

you can buy and put next to the voice recorder mode recording voice and the whole business.

Михаил_
Разработчик

Post by Михаил_ » Wed Aug 05, 2009 17:50

Yes, it is clear that it is possible to buy anything and place, but there are good reasons why advanced functionality better :)
In particular, time-saving, since unlike the recorder, the device knows when which phase of sleep, I don't think this functionality is only useful to me, I think will be useful to many...

Алексей В

Post by Алексей В » Tue Aug 11, 2009 14:45

Mp3 quality depends on the codec - in the same LAME possible to detach the cutting frequencies above a certain threshold (typically 16 kHz for 128kbit/s flow). But mp3 is,of course,not quite CD quality-very often obvious artifacts compared to the original 44.1 kHz/16bit material. It is not clear why there is no support linear stereo 44.1 kHz/16bit. WAV files. 2GB USB flash drive can write to PDF 3 CD-ROM as such.

24bit quality does not happen. As far as I know from experience, even the best analog audio electronics noise at the level of 18-19-th bit relative to 1вольтового peak "linear" level. And acoustic recording has the characteristics worse (noisy city, noisy electronics of microphones, pickups are noisy, noisy breathing performers, etc.). 24-bits is just a convenient multiple of 8, the value to store information.

As for the voice, the formants reach the acoustic frequency of 16 kHz, and we cannot say that they are unimportant, if we are talking about the report "vital" information (intonations, intentions, condition of the body).

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 15:05

Алексей В wrote:is Not entirely clear why there is no support linear stereo 44.1 kHz/16bit.WAV files.
Why not just have :-). You specify 44.1 kHz/16bit WAV will not pull, of course, but similar to WAV IMA ADPCM 44.1 kHz/4-bit it will go. Further, for reference. IMA ADPCM - Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation. One of the relatively simple algorithms of compression and decompression of sound. Commonly used 16-bit linear PCM value, which is converted into 4-bit values that gives compression in 4 times without deterioration. IMA ADPCM - ADPCM implementation proposed by the IMA Digital Audio Technical Working Group.

As for MP3, it really is the instrument normally plays and even 160kbps 192kbps. Specified in the user value of 128kbps was chosen by me to keep some stock of the performance of the microcontroller, just in case :-).

Алексей В

Post by Алексей В » Tue Aug 11, 2009 15:23

It is a pity that 44.1 kHz/16bit device does not pull. The specified IMA ADPCM, in my opinion, is a worse option than mp3, saldirovannyj with good settings. Subjective-have IMA ADPCM hard,sand,aggressive sound, Yes you can evaluate yourself, making the subtraction of the coded signal from the source (sound analysis ADPCM as the sum of the original and the "correction" signal is appropriate). mp3 with the best settings in this situation sounds like the noise overlaid with the envelope.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 15:52

Алексей В wrote:Sorry 44.1 kHz/16bit device does not pull. The specified IMA ADPCM, in my opinion, is a worse option than mp3, saldirovannyj with good settings. Subjective-have IMA ADPCM hard,sand,aggressive sound, Yes you can evaluate yourself, making the subtraction of the coded signal from the source (sound analysis ADPCM as the sum of the original and the "correction" signal is appropriate). mp3 with the best settings in this situation sounds like the noise overlaid with the envelope.
I do not understand what You're saying. There's great replay value, which shows excellent results when used as hints. It has already been tested. All the people around listening to MP3 players with the same quality, everyone is happy, no one even can not think of the idea of lack of quality. The impression that You and Sonic just had to criticize the device, and You have not found anything else that can catch, hit in the fight for sound quality. Sonic generally required to make it a WAV 48kHz/24бита without compromise, but at least You acknowledged that this is complete nonsense (especially for portable devices). Try to explain now it's Sonic :lol: .

Алексей В

Post by Алексей В » Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:05

Yes, nothing is paid for. I own a Studio acoustic recording, engaged in the task of digital signal processing, "in", so to speak. ADPCM is a format with a non-linear presentation of information. In matters of information than the linear representation, the better and the less noise correlated with the signal, the better. I can not judge how much better or worse than ADPCM for the perception in the border state, but if it were possible to have the support of 44.1 kHz 16bit PCM, it would be better. And so-192kbit/s MP3 is fine with me.

I just expressed my opinion. In this case, no court - no.

соник

Post by соник » Tue Aug 11, 2009 17:37

AlexanderI do not need to explain. I respect Your opinion as the developer of the device,expressed their criticism. For the future(this will help You in life) you should treat criticism calmly, whatever it was unfounded and do not blame man for something he did not commit.

With respect.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 18:06

соник wrote:For the future(this will help You in life) you should treat criticism calmly, whatever it was unfounded and do not blame man for something he did not commit.
And I do anything and didn't accuse, just wrote that I have "the impression". Or freedom of thought I'm not allowed, unlike You? Think of it as too critical of Your statements on the forum. People use this device and all they do is fine, and You keep your theories that are supposedly not available quality of the CD-ROM, although the device itself and in the hands not kept. As a result, I work instead forced to concentrate on this absolutely pointless discussion with You. Naturally, this tedious process is a bit annoying, and who would be pleased? Don't like the instrument don't buy it. What are You doing, I just do not understand. You on this question I do not answer. So what conclusion arises by itself?

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 18:09

Алексей В wrote:And so-192kbit/s MP3 is fine with me.
That's nice :-). Thank you for understanding.

соник

Post by соник » Tue Aug 11, 2009 19:58

Dear Alexandercorrect maintenance of the controversy is not primarily provides links to third parties, even if one side is obviously wrong.
Something I do not see I do not see on the forum, with the exception of "Oldies", the enthusiastic response of DS Pro.
Device pokupaut , there are questions from buyers, but no more.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 20:09

соник wrote:Dear Alexander, correct maintenance of the controversy is not primarily provides links to third parties, even if one side is obviously wrong.
Something I do not see I do not see on the forum, with the exception of "Oldies", the enthusiastic response of DS Pro.
Device pokupaut , there are questions from buyers, but no more.
All, all, all, if You have nothing to do - Your business, I won't be distracted by Your posts. It makes no sense.

Андрей Д.

Post by Андрей Д. » Wed Aug 12, 2009 19:00

Would change your XBox 360 (game console,chipped , in perfect condition, with games), the Dream Stalker Pro or a mind-machine Inner Pulse. Who cares, write on aid-1@mail.ru

ка2009

Post by ка2009 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 21:54

Александр (разработчик) wrote:corresponds to the ADPCM 16-bit PCM. In the instructions I just did not specify the maximum possible, so there was some stock of the performance of the microcontroller.
Still, I would like to clarify the audio settings at the highest possible quality of sound and normal operation of the microcontroller. Thank you.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 23:14

Guaranteed parameters specified in the instructions. For MP3 128kbps. However, You can write to the card files up to 192kbps. For IMA ADPCM guaranteed - 22kHz, but when checking works on 44kHz. And generally less listen to the theory of people who the device even in the hands not kept, then You will be interested in the maximum frequency as she is not interested in all those people who have successfully used this device :) .

скептик

Post by скептик » Fri Aug 14, 2009 0:40

Alexandernot judge the statements of Sonic about the frequencies. I think it's pure nonsense.But he seems to me right. The forum is not enough the opinions of those people who used grimstalker about. Without this, all your claims are just advertising and nothing more.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:52

скептик wrote:Alexander, I can't judge Sonic's statements about frequencies. I think it's pure nonsense.
Thanks for the support :ay .
скептик wrote:the forum is not enough the opinions of those people who used grimstalker about. Without this, all your claims are just advertising and nothing more.
Let's think logically, using common sense. For example, if You bought yourself a new smartphone, and it completely lived up to Your expectations, working fine, all programs on it are not buggy. So tell me frankly, will You go to the forum of the manufacturer to inform everyone that You are satisfied? Now the situation is different. You bought a smartphone and it constantly freezes after installing any licensed software. Here You just go to the forum where other users have long been discussing the same problem az .

Павлум

Post by Павлум » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26

skeptic

Those who are engaged in a Dream, as a rule, are not inclined to discuss their successes. It is almost guaranteed (many) causes of the decline of dreaming activity and a temporary setback.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00

skeptic
Here is the view from above Paulumdo not trust which is simply impossible. People bought both devices: first, the usual DreamStalker, and then DreamStalker PRO when that came out. And here's justification for why he does not want to discuss their successes. Thank you Pablum :ay !

скептик

Post by скептик » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06

Alexander
The same smartphone before getting to the consumer has gone through many tests including among potential consumers . And after it goes on sale.I need it. The manufacturer claims the real possibilities of the device, otherwise if the real possibilities of the device differed from the claimed, they would have simply filled up the claims in court. On the forum in addition to statements from Dimas, Alexis Kabankova,Andrei Patrushev, who by the way writes that m no special tests distance about not passed, nothing more. But you have to consider the fact that their opinion may be biased , because they had experience with the previous version of dreamstalker.
Paulum
Don't see the logic in your statement. On the previous version of the device is full of reviews. Including about the success. So it's not caused people decay dreaming activity and a temporary setback. On any skill if it is well developed ,no impact man shares his success or not.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32

скептик wrote:On a previous version of the device is full of reviews. Including about the success.
The fact that at the beginning of a DreamStalker'a, the forum was also quite a lot of doubting people with questions similar to those You now raise against the new version of DreamStalker PRO. And what actually has changed in the PRO version? Mainly added a variety of voice message that You record your own voice, but all algorithms work with the BDG remains the same. The same great critic sonic recognizes that the person has any experience with lucid dreaming, has almost all the same, that the sound settings is not up to the best world samples of professional audio cards for computer. If you doubt that audio prompt will work the first time, then what? Well will enter a lucid dream using the usual signals, thus obtaining the much needed initial experience :-). That's all, what's the problem? And that even in the worst case, if you agree with the point of view of Sonic, although none of the tested device do not agree with it.
Last edited by Александр (разработчик) on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

Павлум

Post by Павлум » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:33

skeptic

And You will not find logic here, a dream in General, the question is thin and illogical. Just ask anyone who deals with dreams, they , most likely, will attest to the fact that discussing my practice is harmful.
The first device tried something to compare. And this is not unique.
If You want my opinion, the device is excellent. I, for example, only one audio cues. I wrote about it here.