DreamStalker - a device with a display and clock

Instrumentsthat will help you to get into a lucid dream
Александр (разработчик)
DreamStalker - a device with a display and clock

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 13:01

Currently in the process of developing an updated device with a four-digit digital display that will allow more convenient to install and view any settings. Also in this version is supposed to include a clock and make viewing not only the number of positives, but also the time each operation during the night.

If you, dear users, have any thoughts and suggestions, then post them here or send me an email. It is possible that in the future these ideas will be embodied in one of the new versions of the REM-Dreamer.

The idea of connecting to the computer I realized. She, in turn, branched into two directions.

1. Computer control (instead of the embedded microcontroller).

Interesting idea, but connecting the device to computer by USB cable will require the microcontroller, and the use of obsolete LPT or COM, missing almost all computers manufactured now, just impractical.

2. Installing, loading and saving settings on the computer.

The idea is very good :ay . Maybe someday it can be done. However, I think the idea is inspired by the extreme inconvenience of changing the settings and inability to save them and view in the current version of the device. I think that if you make profiles for multiple users with individual settings is shown on the display and are stored in the device itself, then you will need to connect to the computer if the computer connection will raise the cost of the device?
Last edited by Александр (разработчик) on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:15, edited 2 times in total.

Аксакал

Post by Аксакал » Sun Dec 16, 2007 14:49

Alexander (developer)
Welcome.
have PIC-s have some kind of USB controller. As well as built-in flashers.

Коломбо

Post by Коломбо » Sun Dec 16, 2007 16:33

Batteries again external finger? Maybe Li-ion is poured into a removable set Blocher? And charging it from the USB. Most importantly it will decrease the weight of the device.

more wishes:
1) make the protection of the details of the chip kakoynit in case
2) to devise a system of bandages/shape of the device to be able to sleep on my stomach and vorotitsya: for example 6 IR potolok around the eyes to even if the mask is displaced, one of the IR sensors to take readings.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 17:20

Коломбо wrote:Batteries again external finger? Maybe Li-ion is poured into a removable set Blocher? And charging it from the USB. Most importantly it will decrease the weight of the device.
Yes, while there are AAA batteries, as the most simple for the user and reliable solution. About batteries it is necessary to think - the idea is interesting.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 17:27

Коломбо wrote: more wishes:
1) make the protection of the details of the chip kakoynit in the body.
I'm afraid that the case will make the entire device is slightly heavier and much bigger. If You have the suitable dimensions with a compartment for two AAA batteries, please give me a reference - I will look.

Коломбо

Post by Коломбо » Sun Dec 16, 2007 19:59

Well, if the body does not roll, at least somehow protect the metal braid details such as light and IR diodes. In the current redimere they do on the divine energy are kept.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 20:31

Коломбо wrote:Well, if the body does not roll, at least somehow protect the metal braid details such as light and IR diodes. In the current redimere they do on the divine energy are kept.
Yes, You are absolutely right. Now all the LEDs and the photodetector are made differently - it is hard. To bend them would be impossible in principle, but damage will be possible only with a hammer :-).

Коломбо

Post by Коломбо » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53

But how real is this topic:
himself microcontroller minimum weight with Li-ion light battery attached to the hair (bald unlucky=) in the center of the surface of the head,
a micro IR sensor-pair on the ribbon, leaves and teleplays on age? =) Of course removable layer of Velcro on the end of the tape, etc.
For those who are sleeping without a pillow - it would be perfect, and you vorotitsya and it won't fly down and ecclelsia.
But perhaps this will be the NextGen 2010...

Влад

Post by Влад » Mon Dec 17, 2007 14:18

Thank you for device. When to expect a new version?

Влад

Post by Влад » Mon Dec 17, 2007 14:25

The only thing that would be interesting to REM-Dreamer to function more as points for the mind-machine. I usually fall asleep under some realties session or drives Andrew. It would be handy to put the start time validation of eye movements in 40 minutes, and a 30-minute lull yourself realties session without removing points and slowing down the dream. Would be pretty universal Svetochka, REM-dreamer plus a mind-machine.

Dimas

Post by Dimas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 14:33

Vlad
IMHO it will cost too much...I also had this idea of a universal device for dreams + mind-machine...But here's another thing,in primerah one led on the eye,and to wear glasses for at least 4 cars!(although it is possible the same as in Colortech)and to sleep with headphones uncomfortable at all,then the mask a week at least get used to it,and then there's headphones...awkward...

And to diversify the sound signals that it was not a nasty squeak,and 9 Symphony for example :wink: (almost a joke,but about a variety of signals-seriously).
Last edited by Dimas on Mon Dec 17, 2007 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Коломбо

Post by Коломбо » Mon Dec 17, 2007 14:42

Yes, sounds definitely need to do a nice Schaub has not lost its dream in the night

Влад

Post by Влад » Mon Dec 17, 2007 17:17

and to sleep with headphones uncomfortable at all,then the mask a week at least get used to it,and then there's headphones...awkward...
I quietly fall asleep in Ultrasone iCans, even lying in the mask.
Surely audiostrobe decoder will greatly increase the price?

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 18:11

Влад wrote:Thank you for device. When to expect a new version?
After about a month I plan to finish the development. Should then follow the process of testing some of the users of the device. Then the production of the first batch. In total, I think, in three months it will be possible to buy this device.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 18:24

Dimas wrote: And to diversify the sound signals that it was not a nasty squeak,and 9 Symphony for example :wink: (almost a joke,but about a variety of signals-seriously).
Understood. And the musicians here? For this we need the decomposition of several popularnych (or just pleasing to the ear) tunes on single notes, with the duration of each note in seconds and frequency in Hertz. And yet... every note needs to go through a pause of 0.01 seconds. (10 milliseconds) from the previous one. If there is such a sign, that everything will be fine... :D.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 18:26

Влад wrote:the Only thing that would be interesting to REM-Dreamer to function more as points for the mind-machine. I usually fall asleep under some realties session or drives Andrew. It would be handy to put the start time validation of eye movements in 40 minutes, and a 30-minute lull yourself realties session without removing points and slowing down the dream. Would be pretty universal Svetochka, REM-dreamer plus a mind-machine.
Cool idea. Deserves attention.

Dimas

Post by Dimas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 18:30

Alexander (developer)
I'm not a musician unfortunately,but going to test on a device!!!!!!!!!!! az :?

Аксакал

Post by Аксакал » Mon Dec 17, 2007 20:03

Alexander (developer)
Cool idea. Deserves attention.
still doesn't deserve. new those the job ;)

Administration
apologize for the sarcasm above. And before that it was weak to consult with the forum?

Dimas

Post by Dimas » Tue Dec 18, 2007 13:53

Elder
Before these forums were not :wink: :ap :D

Аксакал

Post by Аксакал » Tue Dec 18, 2007 16:07

Dimas
these forums (direct interaction with the developer from the first step) is enough . have a history of two (more you do not know, probably is) years.

For example:
find tyrnete
oscillograph sokovoj on the map.
mpsz
obd2
multiset

Ратилен

Post by Ратилен » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:15

Sorry if not quite in the subject, but I'm somewhere in the vast Network saw apisalome how regular optical mouse to make the device to track the REM phase. Sorry, the link is not preserved.
The idea is simple enough:
1) Rapid eye movement is tracked by the inevitable movement of the eyelids,
2) the CCD in the optical rats actually "sees" not only red light but also infrared.
Replaceable red led on the IR and fasten all this joy (of course, no case is too bulky and heavy) on the glasses-type building (though I have to Tinker with the selection of the distance from the sensor to the century) and connected to my computer. The program (by the way, the development of functionality software is the most easy part) is also attached to the description for the Assembly.
Tried to make himself faced great difficulties with the calibration and accurate fixing of the IR diode, so that the luminaries exactly under the sensor. Yes, and there was only a relatively weak IR diodes, so that set was really hard. In the end scored =) - just the time was not so much with all this poking around, but the author is all working good...
By the way, the advantages of connecting to a computer:
1) instead of a signal or melody you can play a. WAV file voice install on dream consciousness,
2) you can maintain activity recording of eye movements even for the whole night for future viewing, learning and adjustment of sensitivity and other settings.

Кулег =)

Post by Кулег =) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 17:32

Well, look =) if you still run into this subject in the Internet, throw the link here plz ).
as I understand it, the light bulb opt mouse is not needed.
let's say I have a laser mouse and there is that light worth it? it also does not Shine - or IR or something like that.... and Sens to set Mona, MB it and no physical violence will be suitable )

Дима Богданов

Post by Дима Богданов » Sun Dec 23, 2007 19:33

there is all infa in the Assembly of the detector of the mouse.
http://ifolder.ru/4684054
He tried to do but for some reason, the IR transmitter didn't want to run from the power supply mouse (((

Кулег =)

Post by Кулег =) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 21:48

UCF, I have something on this found.
if anyone is interested http://dreamhacker.narod.ru/DreamCatcher.rar

Коломбо

Post by Коломбо » Mon Dec 24, 2007 0:50

I already riveted the situation, I soldered in an old plastic glasses, move eye - mouse was moving, but the big problem was to find the optimal distance, there is the slightest deviation and movement are not fixed.