A new idea for DreamStalker

Instrumentsthat will help you to get into a lucid dream
Антон Привольский

Post by Антон Привольский » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:47

Dear developer - pliz tell me what devices except drimer which detects the eyes, the REM phase , you intend to develop ???There are simply of the opinion that sleeping with demerom uncomfortable a bit)) thank you for your attention

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2008 0:39

another idea to implement, I think, not difficult to replicate, maybe someone will be useful.

"a Group of American students the brown University (Brown University) invented the alarm clock, SleepSmart, that man wakes only during the light phase of sleep.

The device fits over the head and secured with a soft ribbon with a Velcro closure. SleepSmart has a number of electrodes and a microprocessor that determines the phase of brain activity during sleep.

At the wireless network device associated with the special alarm clock on the table, which people programs for the last () the time at which he wished to be awakened.

SleepSmart alarm clock in the best time of sleep — the last of the light phase that is closest to the user point.

This usually happens a few minutes before the selected time.

The authors of the project say that the awakening in the right phase ensures a feeling of cheerfulness during the day, while the usual call of the alarm clock in the wrong phase gives people the feeling that it is broken and not enough sleep, even if he actually slept normal amount of hours.

Now the inventors of smart alarm clock finished working prototype, and the next year they created the Axon Sleep Research laboratory intends to start selling new products."

source link http://www.membrana.ru/lenta/?4516

NP.

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Re: New idea for DreamStalker

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Mon Jul 16, 2012 14:20

It would be interesting to try the light (sound) clues in antiphase with adjustable frequency from 0.5 Hz and below - somewhere to 0.17 Hz (period 2-6 sec). There are some theoretical ideas that this type of hints will help to better preserve (and even reinforce) the REM phase, waking up.

Роман Стародубов

Post by Роман Стародубов » Thu Jul 26, 2012 16:22

Hello.
I want to say that really miss the REC button for voice recorder. Now the recorder starts only after the alarm.

Here are some examples:
1) I haven't worn dreamstalker pro at night, but awake I remember the dream, or even several. You must write down your dreams on a dictaphone, is to develop the dreaming memory. And just wondering this.
2) I wore dreamstalker pro without an alarm clock, but woke up from the light signals. I remember a dream, it would not hurt to write it down.
3) I woke up to the alarm. Also I would like to be able to write down the dream.

Such a good option, and so functional... If you can edit the firmware, and assign the recording action of the recorder on a combination of existing buttons, it would be very nice. Because the option is very much needed.
You can of course keep a recorder on hand... But I don't have a separate recorder, and mobile, until you get to him is already a dream forget.
A dreamstalker is always at hand

к-13

Post by к-13 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 17:53

And I sometimes turn the recorder on all night(when you sleep alone - without his wife and children) - then save to the computer and open the audio editor, to see the picture - where is silence, where there are sounds. It is always interesting:
- first off, the creak of the bed can, if desired, is easy to identify the changing phases of sleep
second, sometimes you can make out the mutterings, coming out of a particularly emotional dreams(Yes, we all know, in the dream talking to someone else, not us), and they should hear, you can unwind in the memory of the whole dream.
-well, just don't need to search the recorder - just waking up(without moving or opening his eyes) to dictate rapidly the main points of sleep, never to Wake up completely and is easy to continue to sleep(although with this item easily handles the function of voice activation, which is now almost all recorders have).

In General I think that practice is the realization of dreams, the recorder(which is a separate device and not the function of mobile phones or music player) is simply vital. Now you can find normal within a thousand and a half...

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 19:27

Роман Стародубов wrote:If you can edit the firmware, and assign the recording action of the recorder on a combination of existing buttons, it would be very nice.
The idea sensible. Thank you.

Осознанность

Post by Осознанность » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54

DreamStalker.
First I want to praise the device - it is felt the work done.
Now a few words about setting up DreamStalker for themselves.

1 By default, the timer is put on for 20 minutes or 3.5 hours (FAST SETTING). That would be an opportunity to install his third point. Either for yourself to replace an existing one. Or even both. For me personally 20 min to fall asleep - is not enough. 3.5 hours in the mask to sleep is unhealthy. Now, if an hour to put about - is the fact that by the beginning of the REM phase, the device is activated. But it is very gemorno inside settings to climb. And quick timer setting is a very comfortable thing.

2 as I understand it, the default settings are settings for Up-2.
It would be good to publish customizations for Up-1 and Up-3. Because if I, for example, setting Up 2 Wake, and Up-1 do not react, then to choose the parameters at random can be quite lengthy procedure. In the possession of information on the settings of the process can be greatly facilitated and accelerated.

3 Assume that you have viewed duplex mode - it would be great if the device could tell what were the settings at the moment. You can even so give out of the dream signal the eyes to turn off the duplex - in this moment remember the settings, and then they can later on use to configure the device for themselves.

4 independent of the computer stuff is of course good. There is no wire. There is no noise... But in the configuration of the device through the computer interface, without doubt, the future. If it is at the device at all ). IMHO. It is very convenient may be for the user. Especially with the possibility of storing information on a flash drive and post-processing statistics.

Regards, OS.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47

Awareness

Proposed will take into account when it comes to releasing updates.

АнтонБ

Post by АнтонБ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:25

Осознанность wrote: 1 By default, the timer is put on for 20 minutes or 3.5 hours (FAST SETTING). That would be an opportunity to install his third point. Either for yourself to replace an existing one. Or even both. For me personally 20 min to fall asleep - is not enough. 3.5 hours in the mask to sleep is unhealthy. Now, if an hour to put about - is the fact that by the beginning of the REM phase, the device is activated. But it is very gemorno inside settings to climb. And quick timer setting is a very comfortable thing.
+1 To this wish. Extremely lacks the ability to change those two numbers under your sleep.
In proponujemy able to touch quite feasible to put one of the timers, but climbing a menu and set its timer value - no, sleep is lost and generally not convenient.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59

Anton
I understand all this, but it is also necessary to take into account the fact that the menu of the device and is now quite large, containing numerous settings, to remember the purpose of which under force not to all users, but the increase in the number of different functions and settings, quite possibly, will lead to the fact that the use of the device will be available only with the manual before my eyes. Most people don't want to deal with all sorts of difficulties, they like to enjoy life all day, and night press one button, sleep and get OS. And in General, this is correct.

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Wed May 29, 2013 9:37

Perhaps the motion sensor will be on Grimstalker to determine the moment of falling asleep - for a more accurate time reference...

ЗОМБИ

Post by ЗОМБИ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19

Alexander (developer)
good health!

with almost absolutely no moving eyeballs, the mind calms down. for example, you earn a decrease in mental activity if you do static exercises for eyes-hold eyes a few moments bevelled to the left, right, up, down...

duck here... you can probably make from the barefoot Dreamstalker based on eye movement... i.e. the focus is on the absence of eye movements... lie down/sit down, close your eyes and try to relax your eye muscles and not move your eyes... Stalker also gives hints that in ideal it would be good to feed NeuroProgrammer/MindWorkStation to generate the acoustic stimulation...

the idea is suitable/popular as you think?
(this is just a software to add iron, too, will remain)

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28

ZOMBIE
The idea, of course, and you can implement, but what about demand - I do not know.

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43

ZOMBIE
This has already been implemented in Pathfinder. Only the session to write... you Can even synchronous with verbal accompaniment.

ЗОМБИ

Post by ЗОМБИ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:52

Andrei Patrushev
as far as I remember the Navigator provides solution for the static hold of the eye in a fixed position ie just fixation (skewness) to one of the diodes... I propose another-a movement using sensors in Grimstalker (such sensors in Pathfinder there is in fact), and stimulation not the mobility of the eyeballs with relaxing the eye muscles ie, target the opposite purpose for which you created Dreamstalker -- (at full relaxation) movements of the eyes should not be at allif so is stimulation for relaxation at barefoot AVS, if there are, then at the bare AVS or directly through himself Grimstalker served hint "eyes moving"... you can do something like simultaneous flashes with the movements of the eyes are pulled by the eye, the diode broke...

something like that

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Sat Jun 01, 2013 13:00

ahh, damn... :)

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 13:13

ZOMBIE
Yes, in principle, in Grimstalker to do this and to do nothing. The device universal :-)! There is a training mode. Include this mode and put the device. In still eyes - silence. Any movement - heard a short squeak. The mode can be switched without a time limit. That is, you can do this at least an hour, even two or more. Training mode exists on both version of the device. Good?

ЗОМБИ

Post by ЗОМБИ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 13:34

Alexander (developer)
I think Yes!

so it is necessary to take... will make the estimate :wink:

Якубович

Post by Якубович » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10

I would like to record all my dreams in video, and the next day with friends and beer to review))

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Fri Aug 14, 2015 13:26

"Modern research has shown that the dynamics of the functional state of humans and animals significantly change the characteristics of ultrasonic vocalizations(RAS). RAS is the ability of a living being generated, the ultrasonic waves, which are recorded using special microphones (ultrasound speakers). The authors note that the power spectral density of the RAS of the person during physical load is gradually reduced along with the increase of its frequency [12]. Therefore. change the parameters of the RAS can be used as an indicator of the functional state, including quiet sleep."

12. Karkhana N. N., Fokin Yu., Sakharov, D. S., Korkishko V. N.,Kapanadze G. l.. Chavanon D. B. Ultrasonic vocalization and its informative parameters in animals and humans./From Biomedicine. 2011. To" I. S. 4-23.

Scientific library Cyberleninka: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/perspe ... z3ilyWxZRu

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Fri Aug 14, 2015 13:38

In studies used microphones, located 20-30 cm from the subjects. Meanwhile, ultrasound is poorly transmitted through air and through a very good liquid. Therefore, fixing MICS, in fact, anywhere directly on the body can significantly improve the sensitivity of the sensor (and, consequently, reduce its size).
In addition, the ultrasound itself a is physiologically active agent:
"The physical nature of the ultrasound involves the mechanical, thermal and physico-chemical phenomena, which, in turn, induce diverse and powerful biological effects. At intensities of 1-2 W/cm2 ultrasound is able to activate metabolic processes in organs and tissues, improve blood circulation. Higher intensity can lead to the destruction of proteins, glycolipoprotein that is used in surgical practice and the local effects on the tissues of the body."
Therefore, in light of previous posts, there is reason to believe that by means of ultrasound (for example, the same amplitude modulation with a rectangular signal with a frequency of 40Hz) it will be possible to provide effective stimulation of lucid dreams.

к-13

Post by к-13 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 23:11

The Chinese from setinit to three thousand rubles offered with fifty variations of the devices from the Bluetooth control via smart phone. Basically the principle of "smart hours", where sleep cycles are tracked with the help of accelerometer, pulse oximeter or the sensor spatial position, and hints served by beeper or vibration... There is also a diary of the sleep phases can make the application (and at the same time to use as a calorie counter in sports). Remee incidentally, they also sell (three times cheaper of.of the site)...

Дмитрий__
Разработчик
Location:Институт высшей нервной деятельности и нейрофизиологии РАН

Post by Дмитрий__ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 16:42

A rich new kickstarter in the same topic
http://keddr.com/2015/05/naushniki-eeg-inception/
Already 17 channels of EEG feedback... looks Like the problem of automatic staging of sleep in your home devices gradually resolved, and faster than I thought.

Александр (разработчик)

Post by Александр (разработчик) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 16:57

It is not clear how to sleep in those big headphones. It is no secret, I guess that a lot of people snore when sleeping on your back, and on the side of the headphones is impossible to sleep. For this to be ear-plugs.