Night in the lonesome October(Roger Zelazny)

Reading and discussing books.
Новик
Night in the lonesome October(Roger Zelazny)

Post by Новик » Sat Sep 25, 2010 14:29

Downloaded in your e-book ABCs!
Will start reading soon... join :)

Abstract

And if you want to take a little walk in the night London? Walk down Baker street to visit SOHO, go to the embankment of the Thames to admire the passing steamers? But remember that at the same time quietly sneaks bloody Jack the Ripper, and from behind the bushes watching you Dr. Frankenstein in company with his horrible monster!
Yes, this is not good old England, which we know from the stories of Conan Doyle, this is the world created by the unbridled imagination of an outstanding American writer Roger Zelazny, who offers to take this unusual journey in the company of the best guide watchdog Snaffu...
When in an interview in 1995 (i.e. the last year of life) Zelazny was asked to name five favorite pieces, along with the novels "Prince of Light", "Door in the sand", "cat Eyes" and "This immortal" he called the novel "Night in the lonesome October".

рыжая

Post by рыжая » Sat Sep 25, 2010 14:40

The book is aldebaran.ru Written in a language that I'm most like Zelazny. Why this book? The answer can be found by reading the 2nd page of the topic "something cool" :)
One of the reviews:
A wonderful book. One of the best Zelazny, one of my favorite. Very interesting. Atmosphere invite you to sent messages.
Yes, the sense of myth.. the legend .. even the feeling of autumn, of anguish ... of darkness, black humor, the macabre... and kindness.
There are no words. I love it.

Михаил_
Разработчик

Post by Михаил_ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:34

there are subtle points that need to be (useful) to postpone to a personal kopilochku experience. They are hidden behind a common artistic subject.