NIA Neural Impulse Activator from OCZ

Biofeedback.
Соловей
NIA Neural Impulse Activator from OCZ

Post by Соловей » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27

Yesterday I finally got a parcel with this device. Cost about 100 dolor is sold in Russia do not know. Official website here a set of photos here.

The device is a rubber wrap adjustable diameter, which fitted 3 of the diamond-shaped sensor. They record the currents and sent to the unit, where it is stopped and via usb about 256 values per second are transmitted to the computer, where the modified algorithms Fourier transform(itself a modification of the patented and kept secret) allocate the frequency to 60 Hz(theoretically it is possible to allocate up to 128, but above 60 the noise from the power supply just all jammed). The device is positioned as a game - stands 8 channels - 1 for movements of the eyes, 3 for alpha waves(6-16Гц), 3 beta(16-60) and one for facial expressions, these channels are hung pressing (up to four per channel), or the joystick (the joystick on a one-dimensional channel). Due to the limitation of the program sometimes run two at one time to increase keys (one-to-other do not conflict, but decently guzzle resources). The first and last channel are recognized by the pattern amplitude.

And now the General impression. All specified below were tested on the built-in ping-pong, where one channel controls the racket in a linear fashion. Control the movement of my eye, I still could not, although on the forum it is noted that this is a common problem - either through the alpha-beta frequency and are unable through the eye and Vice versa. Control of muscle tension the person me a bit impressed, although with the size of the amplitudes of the inertia and relaxation of the muscles of the problem. It is very difficult to maintain the average tension is often the impetus served on full compression of the muscles and there is fixed. Swallowing saliva definitely leads to some peaks. Well, the most interesting wave management. Very strange experience - sitting there watching the screen and the racket flies itself without my knowledge. However without training often chaotic, but there are surprises - racket tipped the scales at the top, and then it breaks down to reflect the ball in a second and immediately returns to its original state - is striking, not the word.

Of the downsides - the constant problems with calibration and ground. Sometimes the signal just disappears and you have to wipe the sensors for normal contact with skin. But the ground is a constant problem, constantly have to touch the box. If the machine is not grounded, the parasitic frequencies from the power supply will not work properly - to the point that I had to disconnect the laptop from the network, but otherwise not as. So for Russia, this is the main problem in European sockets there is no grounding, there is a neutral wire, but given that it is neutral for the entire house, then it is possible to judge when and who comprises iron and a vacuum cleaner...

On other applications, except for disabled, - it is possible to use the activity of alpha and beta waves for feedback for manmachine. On account of allocation of frequency - not sure, but theoretically possible. Exist on the official forum python scripts to replace the official program with the allocation of frequencies. But the script was originally written for MacX and Ubuntu and though python is cross platform language, make them work under Windows I have not yet succeeded. For the time being all we have for today. If you have questions - ask.<
Last edited by Соловей on Thu Jul 16, 2009 22:26, edited 2 times in total.

Логик

Post by Логик » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08

Соловей wrote:do they sell in Russia do not know.
Sold

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 19:36

Nightingale
Use of this device, what impressions? You want to take the same device seems cheap and practical..

ДОРИАН

Post by ДОРИАН » Fri Jan 08, 2010 15:41

If not difficult throw information
where it is possible to take or how to order CIS

Олевин

Post by Олевин » Thu Apr 14, 2011 16:47

about the CIS also would like to know

Вольтер

Re:

Post by Вольтер » Fri Dec 23, 2011 0:28

So where is Russia really to buy this device? Or at least abroad. Can anyone give specific coordinates?

Логик

Re: NIA Neural Impulse Activator from OCZ

Post by Логик » Fri Dec 23, 2011 17:40

Вольтер wrote:So where in Russia possible to buy this device?
Two years ago, was firm in Russia, where the device is sold, it's gone now.