Brain waves and skin conductivity?

Biofeedback.
Гермаген
Brain waves and skin conductivity?

Post by Гермаген » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27

Please tell me, what is the relationship between brain waves and skin conductivity?
I.e. let's say I want to learn how guaranteed to go into a state of alpha or theta rhythm.
So it really was a real change and not just a I thought so, I would like to get confirmation from the device bio feedback.
But the question arises...
If the device measures skin resistance on your finger, what's the connection with brain waves.
Or device with a bare "finger" sensor is not suitable for such purposes?

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Re: brain Waves and skin conductivity?

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Thu Dec 13, 2007 22:39

Гермаген wrote:please Tell me, what is the relationship between brain waves and skin conductivity?
I.e. let's say I want to learn how guaranteed to go into a state of alpha or theta rhythm.
So it really was a real change and not just a I thought so, I would like to get confirmation from the device bio feedback.
But the question arises...
If the device measures skin resistance on your finger, what's the connection with brain waves.
Or device with a bare "finger" sensor is not suitable for such purposes?
Direct communication - the deeper the relaxation (lower the frequency), the higher the resistance of the skin. But we must remember that this is more of a relative value and individual.

Гермаген

Post by Гермаген » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:13

Андрей Патрушев wrote:...we must remember that this is more of a relative value and individual.
Ie it turns out that without proper calibration "finger" device (with the aid of EEG for example) it is impossible to determine exactly what I have achieved for example an alpha-level?

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Fri Dec 14, 2007 18:03

Гермаген wrote:
Андрей Патрушев wrote:...we must remember that this is more of a relative value and individual.
Ie it turns out that without proper calibration "finger" device (with the aid of EEG for example) it is impossible to determine exactly what I have achieved for example an alpha-level?
Yes, it is...