Own interface Mind-Reflection

Biofeedback.
Джедай
Own interface Mind-Reflection

Post by Джедай » Mon Nov 19, 2007 20:24

In my opinion, the standard for Mind-Reflection there are some omissions:
1. The sound signal has low detail - on hearing it is impossible to track small fluctuations in the signal
2. Range of visual and audio signals is limited by an upper or lower bound - further control is impossible
3. In some cases, the achievement of the boundaries interrupts the process of tracking ("the next level").
4. Requires manual reset when removing the dressing of the sensor.

To overcome these limitations, I wrote my own software to interface Mind-Reflection. Features:
video and audio level indication with arbitrary precision.
- unlimited monitoring range at high level of detail (auto-reset base level).
- display of absolute and relative levels.
- automatic installation of the basic level when removing the dressing of the sensor.
- indication of connection and inclusion Mind-Reflection, contact of the sensors with the skin surface.
- the ability to fine tune the filtering, gain, volume, tone, etc.
displays all the quantitative indicators.
- save all settings to a file.

Very comfortable to relax lying down with my eyes closed - well otslaivayutsya the slightest fluctuations in the level and you do not have to press anything or switch.

Screenshot:

After some refinement I can put the program for download, if it is someone interested.

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Mon Nov 19, 2007 22:05

The most important thing forgot to write - thus, you can well to "integrate" Mind-Reflection with mind-machine - frequency AVS adaptive to change, of course, will not be, but its condition is sound can be controlled perfectly :)

Джим

Post by Джим » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:49

Джедай wrote:To overcome these limitations, I wrote my own software to interface Mind-Reflection.
bi What Protocol device included in the kit??? Or was obtained heuristically?? Ie I have in the background another thought -- have a "log", more or less reflects the real state (as KGR-a reflection doubtful, but at least something to start), and until it is removed -- not to look, and then, having received some statistics-you would think... And to collect logs, such as during the night.
In General, Chapter problem ... the Protocol. And, of course, as it is to do so -- creates Virt. COM port or what??

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Tue Nov 20, 2007 15:10

Jim

Taking into account the fact that any drivers after switching on is not required(it was found HID device), it must be concluded that it is considered a joystick. As practice has shown - the way it is.
And for this "Protocol" many heuristics is not required :)

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Tue Nov 20, 2007 15:57

Джедай wrote:the Most important thing forgot to write - thus, you can well to "integrate" Mind-Reflection with mind-machine - frequency AVS adaptive to change, of course, will not be, but its condition is sound can be controlled perfectly :)
Abaldet! If only You knew how I envy You that You can...
The next step is management mindmachine through audiostrobe - amplitude modulation of the carrier signal and the output from the sound card to the input mindmachine. You can take a little the range 8-15Hz, and in this range two direct mode (the deeper you relax, the lower the frequency) and backward (...the higher the frequency).

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Tue Nov 20, 2007 16:52

Andrei Patrushev

Given http://www.mindmachine.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1089 - do I envy those who can use biofeedback on purpose :(

Джим

Post by Джим » Tue Nov 20, 2007 23:29

Джедай wrote:considering the fact that any drivers after switching on is not required(it was found HID device), it must be concluded that it is considered a joystick. As practice has shown - the way it is.
THANK you!! :o
It remains to understand how GSR meter can be useful. And so-as sensed, because the whole lunch about DirectInpit read :)

Джим

Post by Джим » Thu Nov 22, 2007 0:37

Jedi
In General, spodvigla I buy macarico. And even managed a little torture-good output. Since DirectX -- not my profile and joystick me never was, please bc feel free to correct if I misunderstood:
1. At-at looks like a joystick with 2 axes, Y - dead (always 0) X - actually kGy (in sostoianie Off and Tear - max-1, when measuring -- a negative number) KZ - min + 1.
2. Buttons (starting from scratch) -- 9 == Off, 10 == gap, 0 == BTN is pressed.
And I do not understand whether it is possible to communicate with the device, if the window loses focus -- it's not out yet, but I haven't read everything.
And yet -- it is not clear how lack of batteries (in the sense of not-introduce noticeable systematic errors in long (8 hours) time of measurement.
And yet -- my NP100 is remote control. I'll try to rashakai -- if you can -- you can (probably) an interesting thing to do... One problem -- no time at all. Neither writings, nor in the testing. And generally as it is not absolutely clear that it (Mind Reflection + NP100) can give and whether or not it is good.
Anyway -- thanks!

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Thu Nov 22, 2007 15:25

Added charting and selection of the generated sound.

The program can be downloaded at the following link: http://ifolder.ru/8847676

Can be running Windows or Linux.

The program requires Java version 6 or higher.
The JRE can be downloaded here: http://www.java.com/ru/download/index.jsp
To start the application, run the file "monitor.jar".

A screenshot of the main window:

Window graphics:
Last edited by Джедай on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:14, edited 2 times in total.

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Thu Nov 22, 2007 15:37

Jim

1. From Mind-Reflection - 24 buttons. The signal range of joystick (-1;+1), although the device itself does not use it fully.
2. There are 12 button - active if you run the contact sensor is not detected.

About DirectX nothing I can not tell - I have not used. The idea - the loss of focus should not interfere with reading the joystick.

On account of the batteries and why is needed such a long time comparative monitoring of the level? As I understand it, anything representative, he will not imagine, because in large time intervals GSR can change under vliyanie too many factors.

If NP100 allows in real time to change the stimulation parameters (main frequency), it is in principle possible to change the stimulation frequency is adaptive depending on the magnitude of the GSR. But the algorithm need to do this very difficult (at least for really effective control).

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Thu Nov 22, 2007 15:53

The program can be placed on the page with the Mental Games. Can someone come in handy.

Джим

Post by Джим » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:27

Jedi
Thank you!
Джедай wrote:1. From Mind-Reflection - 24 buttons. The signal range of joystick (-1;+1), although the device itself does not use it fully.
About the band-he is "in fact" -- an integer, but that is not the case. After playing (a bit) in "native" games and comparing the nature of krivuli with figures obtained "directly" I have a sneaking suspicion (probably a glitch, but you got to doubt, especially if you can verify) that the Games operate on real kilamani or bole-mene linear the associated value or interest from them, and the "raw" counts behave "bad different." Ie possible, the desired nonlinear conversion testimony HID'and a scale prop. resistance. Check out this very simple, but there is no time, perhaps days, if you get -- write.
Джедай wrote:At the expense of the batteries - and why is needed such a long time comparative monitoring of the level?
Solely to make sure once and for all, that it is not necessary! :)

PS: NP100 has (as it turned out :oops: ) almost :) documented control Protocol and it works. Everything is possible! But with the implementation of BOS through BW I'm taking my time while I are interested mainly in the possibility of KGR, as [objective?] indicator own [emotional?] state. To begin with - "the torn" feedback.
Thanks again, success.

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Fri Nov 23, 2007 16:15

Jim

I pre-checked the way the game interpretiruya signal - connected variable resistor and recorded the following data:
1) the amount of resistance measured by the ohmmeter
2) the signal level
3) the position of the horizontal indicator in the game (in pixels in the screenshot)
4) the position of the center of the object in the game (in pixels in the screenshot)

The result is the following table:

Calculated the coefficients of pair linear correlation (r) between each of the indicators and the value of resistance testify to the completely linear nature of the dependencies between all the variables.

By the method of least squares we find the following transformation:

R = 2383.5 + 2380.5 * L
R = 4764 - 47.6 * P
where:
R is the resistance in ohms,
L - level (-1, 1),
P level in percentage (0, 100).

Because between the resistance value and the degree of tension is an inverse relationship, then I'm in my program have switched to the inverted index, normalized to 100% because visually it is more logical to reduce, not to increase the rate to reduce the degree of tension.
Also, with the help of this indicator shows the signal level relative to the complete measuring range.

ТриД

Post by ТриД » Fri Nov 23, 2007 20:33

Sorry if slightly off topic....

Today did a little experiment on the topic (the very device that is being discussed here, I don't have).
1. Did the two electrodes: nickels coin with a soldered wire.
2. Soldered current source (the current was set to about 22 µa).
It all put together in a simple pattern, which body acts as the load for the current source. Hooked up the electrodes to your thumb right and left hands and watched the voltage drop (using a multimeter).
Results: in the process of relaxation of the voltage drop between the electrodes increases, i.e., the resistance increases. Worth at least once to take a deep breath, as the resistance drops sharply.
The obtained data are somewhat inconsistent with the above table (or I'm not all in it understood) ).

Джедай

Post by Джедай » Fri Nov 23, 2007 21:54

trid

The table refers to the interaction of Mental Games and Mind-Reflection - it is not clear how she could agree or not to agree with your observations.
You have received the data quite accurately describe the behavior of KGR.

PS You would be better on a not so experimented...

Джим

Post by Джим » Sat Nov 24, 2007 0:41

Джедай wrote:Calculated the coefficients of pair linear correlation (r) between each of the indicators and the value of resistance testify to the completely linear nature of the dependencies between all the variables.
Yes, great job. To use the app -- at least, not a bad addition to the Game. Interesting-will publish on the website?? - like no breaches of standard licence agreements not -- did not understand and did not disassembleable.

From myself I can only add that ACC. INF. DirectX full native integer range of values of X - axis [-32767,+32766], i.e. the 16-bit bitten off (probably by DirectX -- there is some confusion with the boundaries). Else from your program (and more specifically, the supplied DLL) that directy gamepad is not required-there is a f-in a normal media API. Probably would not lose a thing.
Good luck! :)

ТриД

Post by ТриД » Mon Nov 26, 2007 13:54

Jedi
As I wrote, I guess I just misunderstood the table :).
About the experiments... like probably everyone on this forum I like to experiment on myself (although quite a while and this was not engaged).
Overall, I loved the theme of the forum and I'm happy to read the posts.
Sorry if my post about the experiment was not the topic.

Александр_

Post by Александр_ » Sat Dec 15, 2007 19:01

Джедай wrote:After some refinement I can put the program for download, if it is someone interested.
OH !!!
Place the button THANKS I will click it 1000000 times.
This is really a thank you.

I dreamed of such a program.
Well, just super.

Thanks a million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 0:27

strangely, the program does not vplne perfectly - but seems to be very good (especially because the best one is not yet done) addition to the "mental games". It's funny that it is still on file hosting, and administrators with the moderators ignore it...
not my understanding.

Экко

Post by Экко » Sun Oct 10, 2010 19:38

That's what I thought: if hardware-Mind reflection is a joystick (so to speak) that if you take really the joystick to alter it by connecting to its variable resistors axes (associated with the levers). To do some conversion and print on the fingers. But it just write.

Василий Петров

Post by Василий Петров » Sun Jun 19, 2011 14:11

Jedi

Acquired here a mind-game and with anticipation already wanted to use your program, but there it was. When trying to start says: Could not find the main class.
When you start using the other executable is the Java console appears just for a while and then disappears. Java new put the especially. How to make it work? Tell me pliz. And that program is wonderful, just enjoy it does not work..

Ослик ИА-ИА

Re: native interface for Mind-Reflection

Post by Ослик ИА-ИА » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:56

Thank you! Cool contraption!

ВладимирЖ

Post by ВладимирЖ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 22:00

Not put again a reference to horse racing?

Ослик ИА-ИА

Post by Ослик ИА-ИА » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:48

Came VIRIM LAB LIGHT
http://www.verim.de/verim-lab/
Free for users of the Mind Reflection. And others I don't.
You can download it there, though, http://www.verim.de/verim-lab/verimlab_setup.exe

Крапива

Post by Крапива » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30

Does anyone have a program for Verim Mind Refltction? Give for temporary use :)))))))))