Brain training using EEG

Д_А_Писаренко
Brain training using EEG

Post by Д_А_Писаренко » Tue Sep 22, 2009 17:36

Hello!

In February of this year I bought encephalographwith the help of which one can train the brain so that the increased observation and awareness of the processes inside yourself.

The instrument measures the relative level of alpha waves (relative level of waves from the upper Alpha subband, 10-13 Hz) and outputs the number of points. The more points, the higher the level of alpha waves.

At the beginning of the training, I asked the producer how many points is the norm. I was told that they do not know what is the norm, but one of their employees in the first training scored 34 points, and after 12 minutes the average score was around 44. After several months of training, the average result, it is 47 points.

I have the same after about six months of training, the result is still below 30 (25-28 ).

From this we can conclude that I'm bad focus (on the problems with the concentration and care I knew and to operate the system, in fact, I bought it to keep these problems to resolve).

Now the question.

1) What can be the reason that I can't control the level of alpha waves (i.e. you cannot train the ability to concentrate), except the measurement errors (incorrectly installed electrode) ?

If you can't answer this question, I would be grateful if you tell me how I can identify these causes.

2) Like them (reasons) to be removed?

Note: Mental disorders I have. When I had an EEG and a CT scan of the head in his youth (in order to determine the causes of the strong stuttering), no abnormalities had not noticed.

Thanks in advance

Dmitry Pisarenko<

Андрей Патрушев
Автор сайта

Post by Андрей Патрушев » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:51

Hello!
These questions should be addressed to the developer.
EEG biofeedback training is not a simple thing. It is best done with an experienced leader...
Try to pay attention to the maximum relaxation of the tongue and raise your eyes slightly above the normal line of sight (the point between the eyebrows) during the training.

Д_А_Писаренко

Post by Д_А_Писаренко » Tue Oct 06, 2009 16:11

Hello!

Thanks for the reply!
Андрей Патрушев wrote:These questions should be addressed to the developer.
The developer told me the following
Dear Dmitri Pissarenko,

1) Maybe you unconsciously use similar attitude to Focus training protocol as in Energy, while mental attitudes and ways of perception trained with both protocols are very different. Also, using those two protocols, one immediately after the other may be ineffective.

2) Some additional hint for the Focus:
* The trained state is not "mathematical" concentration on some focusing problem but rather specific to contemplation. Haiku poetry is a good expression of that state. Thus some people find helpful to read a few such poems and then during the session try to imagine (recreate in their minds) the view and perceptions of the authors.

* Alternatively, focusing (mentally rather than visually) on one's own forehead can be helpful. (Eyesight is then accomodated on the space between you and visible objects, not on the very objects.)

* Training with Focus protocol may be easier in the aftrenoon than in the (hurried) morning. It may be also easier soon (e.g. 15-60 min) after some physical exercise.

Best regards,
Iwona Kocikowska
Neurobit Systems
All the best

Dmitry